Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems

Autor: Lundie
A: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems

Nico Erfurth wrote:

>>> Did you really use allow_filtering? This isn't a valid option, it must
>>> be allow_filter.
>>

>> You are correct - it is allow_filter. I have the router is as follows:
>> userforward:
>> driver = redirect
>> check_local_user
>> file = $home/.forward
>> no_verify
>> no_expn
>> check_ancestor
>> allow_filter
>> file_transport = address_file
>> pipe_transport = address_pipe
>> reply_transport = address_reply
>

> This one looks ok.
>
>>> The error clearly states that filtering is disabled.
>>

>> The thing that has me stumped here is the "error in filter file". Even
>> with everything commented out, or just the '#Exim filter' line
>> uncommented.
>> Added to that I thought that removing the # was all you needed to do to
>> enable filtering.
>

> NO!, this first line MUST read "# Exim filter"
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/filter_5.html#SECT5

The first line is # Exim Filter. What I ment was I have tried leaving a
'blank' file there but got the same response from exim. The only
difference is when I rm the file completely.

>>> Yep, I bet it is, try to follow my suggestions, if it still doesn't
>>> work, please post the router/director and tell us which version of exim
>>> you use.
>>

>> Currently, the version of exim is 4.05
>

> This is not related to your problem, but you should upgrade.

I did download 4.12, and thought I'd clobbered (and removed) 4.05. I've
tried it with 4.12, but get no difference as you say above.

>>> Btw, exim -d can be VERY helpful to debug problems.
>>

>> I currently have exim running in a terminal using exim -bd
>> -d-all+filter. Which I got from the man page. Is there any other
>> options I would find useful here?
>

> you can also try
>
> exim -d -bf $HOME/.forward <testmessage, and see what happens.

ok, .forward file is http://www.firewalker.no-ip.org/~exim/forward
debug output of exim -d -bf... is
http://www.firewalker.no-ip.org/~exim/debug

Could this be due to something I forgot to complie in? I don't think I
missed anything - everything else I'm doing with exim works.

> Please post how the current .forward-file looks like, oder better place
> it on some webpage and post the URL, also the debuglog of the exim -d
> -bf call would be interesting.
>
> ciao

Thanks for the help.

Steve