Re: [Exim] Questions about SMTP pipelining

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Brian Kendig, Exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Questions about SMTP pipelining
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > My mail server is only handling a very small amount of 'real' non-spam
> > email. I can't imagine there would be a performance hit if I turned
> > pipelining off -- so would it make sense to disable it, and then
> > reject any sender who tries to use pipelining anyway? (How would I
> > disable it?)
>
> There is no point in disabling it, by the way.

I can see that there might be. There is this item on the Wish List:

(123) 02-Jan-03 M ACL option to suppress pipelining

This would be used in a HELO ACL to suppress the advertisement of pipelining.
Also, Exim should enforce more synchronization when it has not advertised
pipelining.

The point of making it an ACL option is that you could then do it
selectively, on a per-host basis.