Re: [Exim] OpenLDAP v2 client vs. v1 server issue in Exim 4.…

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Christian Balzer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OpenLDAP v2 client vs. v1 server issue in Exim 4.12
tor, 2003-01-09 kl. 02:28 skrev Christian Balzer:

> And not having found any non-hacked, main stream, fully supported
> LDAP POP and IMAP server that deals with mailbox style boxes (so
> Courier is out) removes a lot of incentive I would otherwise have to
> push madly for a newer OpenLDAP. ;P

FWIW I use the UW-IMAP pack (latest, obviously it includes a pop3
daemon) with PAM support and pam_ldap/nss_ldap support (also SSL) and it
works well with Exim's standard mailbox mail format. The necessary
/etc/pam.d files for ldap support should be in the relevant share/docs
directory.

However, if you don't have PAM support, this is obviously not an option
- you don't say. Then again, there's the question as to whether your
LDAPv2 server supports all this - chicken and egg.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw