Re: [Exim] some assistance please. mail hitting my server 1,…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: k9register, Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] some assistance please. mail hitting my server 1,000 to 4,000 emails in seconds.
k9register wrote:

Please reply to the whole list, not personally to me.

> Nico
>
> No I am not sure if its coming from outside or inside, but I have nearly
> rm formmail from the whole machine, its running on a couple of accounts,
> some of them run formmail.php is that ok?

The logentries will show it.

> Thankyou for your valuable feedback I am most appreciative,
>
> Enable queue_only mode for now, and disable the queue-runner.?
>
> #Is this deliver_queue_load_max = 5 ?????

add queue_only = true in your exim-config, stop exim and start it with
exim -bd, be sure that no cronscript starts exims queuerunner (debian
does does).

> And what will this do? Will it stop my emails going out?

It will spool all mails, and stop deliveries.
You can also enable queue_smtp_domains to stop delivery to outside domains.

> I will post some logs soon.

ciao