Re: [Exim] OpenLDAP v2 client vs. v1 server issue in Exim 4.…

Autor: Christian Balzer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] OpenLDAP v2 client vs. v1 server issue in Exim 4.12
Phillip wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Christian Balzer wrote:

[4.12 exim doesn't like OpenLDAP1 server]
>I'm guessing, because I'm not an LDAP guru, but I suspect it is this
>change:
>
> 9. With OpenLDAP 2.0.25, ldaps:// doesn't seem to work unless the LDAP
>    protocol level is set to 3. This is now standard in the Exim code, as v3
>    has been around for 5 years now.

>> The LDAP server is still an OpenLDAP 1 box
>
>My guess is that that is too old.

It is just fine, if spoken to politely in slightly dated tongue. ^_-

>In the source file lookups/ldap.c you will find this code around line 270:
>
> #ifdef LDAP_VERSION3
> int version = LDAP_VERSION3;
> #else
> int version = 2;
> #endif
>
>Maybe you need to set version = 1?

Actually either 1 or 2 work, if I comment out the ifdef bits (again,
since the _client_ is on an OpenLDAP 2 box of course LDAP_VERSION3 is
defined and set to 3 in the system includes).

Could we have a runtime config option for this? Pretty please with
black pudding (so black, even the white bits were black :) on top?

Cheers,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Exodus Communications K.K.