Re: [Exim] restricting AUTH Plain/Login to TLS connectionsy

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Torsten Luettgert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] restricting AUTH Plain/Login to TLS connectionsy
On 8 Jan 2003, Torsten Luettgert wrote:

> Perhaps I'm paranoid, but having two (possibly quite complicated)
> expansions and expecting the same result doesn't seem right to me -
> what if the results differ due to DNS/LDAP outage or whatever?

What I have actually put on the Wish List is this:

(128) 08-Jan-03 S A condition for authenticators controlling advertising

An authenticator would be advertised only if the condition is true. The same
condition needs to be checked when searching for a requested authenticator, to
ensure that only advertised authenticators can be used. Or set a flag to show
that advertisement has happened.

The flag idea occurred just as I was typeing - but it seems to me to be
best, both for performance reasons and for the reason you state.