Re: [Exim] Termage (was: "driver" concept?)

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Derek Simkowiak
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Termage (was: "driver" concept?)
Derek Simkowiak wrote:
>>>(1) The code that implements the drivers.
>>>(2) An *instance* of the use of one of the drivers, specified in the
>>>    configuration file.

>     The word "instance" carries a lot of baggage to me; it could refer
> too O.O.P., or server processes, or package installs... if a new user goes
> looking for too much analogy with one of those models he may get lost.

Well, there is some analogy.
I think the term "instance" is perfect here. Maybe a little grafic could
clarify everything a little bit, like

                                    driver

            router                transport           authenticator
  dnslookup redirect  ...     smtp   pipe  ...    crammd5 plain    ...

And some small text to explain it.
"In exim you build instances of these drivers to configure ...."

This will also provide a quick overview over all available drivers.

ciao