Re: [Exim] "driver" concept?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] "driver" concept?
On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 02:37:08PM -0500, Derek Simkowiak wrote:
>     I'm trying to grasp the underlying Exim config model.  In
> particular, I want to know what the 'driver' config option is supposed to
> represent.

I wouldn't normally reply to this given the number of replies already, but
I don't think that nico's replies make the concept any easier to understand.

What happens is that you are defining a number of
routers/transports/authenticators, with different options. In each of these
cases, you need a piece of code which specifies the overall behaviour of
that router/transport/authenticator. That code will, itself, have several
local options. That is the "driver". That code. What this means is that you
define your (say) router, and you're going to use this router to handle
aliasfiles, so you use the appropriate driver for handling aliasfiles (in
this case, a "redirect" driver). In the transports case, you may want your
transport to deliver with SMTP (so you use the "smtp" driver), or you want
it to deliver to a local file (so you use the "appendfile" driver).

This means that you can have several routers that are based on the same
driver in your config (all of which have different names).

I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

MBM