Re: [Exim] ldapauth quoting-problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ldapauth quoting-problem
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> After some further tests it seems the only way to solve our
> quotingproblem is using the ${quote}-operator instead of ${quote_ldap}
> or ${quote_ldap_dn}(or no quoteing!).
> If this is the right thing to do - might it be a good idea to update the
> example in the documentation accordingly? because the current one will
> fail for quoted passwords.
> It is (from a logical viewpoint) also not really obvious why
> ${quote_ldap} is necessary(and working) for the uid but ${quote} is
> required for the password . . .

I am not an LDAP user, and I confess that I have never really understood
all the quoting complicationa - at least, I think I understand them from
time to time, and then I instantly forget all the complicated details
afterwards.

I haven't followed this thread either. Please remind me (on or off list)
exactly what the problem is. I assume it's to do with quoting
passwords/uids... Which example are you referring to? Thanks.