Re: [Exim] "driver" concept?

Autor: Greg Matheson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] "driver" concept?
On Tue, 07 Jan 2003, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> >     When you define your own "driver" (router, transport, or

> I'm not sure if the term driver is right here, maybe "driver instance"
> would be more correct, but on exim-users we mostly use the specific
> terms router, transport and authenticator.

> > authenticator) you are basically customizing one of the built-in drivers
> > by using non-default config file options.

> Yep.

It's like when you're talking about $LOGNAME, for example, isn't
it? Are you talking about the variable or the value? For
drivers, is it the driver as a concept, or as an instance?

But thanks for writing up that short summary of what's happening.
I think it should go in the FAQ or something.

--
Greg Matheson            Failed to turn my reluctant students into autonomous
Chinmin College          language learners, but it did wonders for my personal