[Exim] Spam and Virus Scanning with Exim 4.x - mini HOWTO

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Spam and Virus Scanning with Exim 4.x - mini HOWTO
Hello all,

As promised, I've put together a sort-of mini-HOWTO on virus and spam
scanning with Exim 4.x. Features include coverage (to at least some
extent) of installing/configuring/testing:

- Exiscan
- SA-Exim
- SpamAssassin
- Clam Antivirus
- Sophos SAVI
- sophie

The amount of material that needs to be covered is surprisingly large, and
in 15 pages or so I've only managed to cover it fairly sketchily, and with
a certain amount of system-specific bias, but nevertheless I sincerely
hope it will be at least of some use to those investigating the options,
and/or trying to figure out what exactly is required.

This is my first version, and comments/suggestions/corrections/whatever
(I'm sure there will be plenty) are welcome, although I haven't got a huge
amount of time to put into this, so significantly expanding the scope may
not be feasible for me at this stage (but if someone else wants to,
they're welcome).

The document's GFDL'd, and you can download it at:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php

It's only available as a PDF at present, purely because it was the most
appropriate/convenient format for me, but anyone is welcome to the source
(OpenOffice) document if they want it, and at some point I'll export it as
text and tidy up etc.

If you find it useful, I'd be glad to hear about it, so I can assess its
value to others. Equally, if you don't, let me know what was missing.

Tim