Re: [Exim] sender verify problems

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giuliano Gavazzi
Aan: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] sender verify problems
At 8:53 +0100 2003/01/05, Nico Erfurth wrote:

>Try it with exim -d -bh 1.1.1.1 , this will give you much more
>informations.
>
>My debugoutput for this says "DNS lookup of iprolink.com (MX) gave
>TRY_AGAIN", so exim receives a defer from the DNS-Server, and so the
>verify defers.
>
>You can verify this with
>dig @ns1.iprolink.ch iprolink.com MX, this will return a SERVFAIL-error.

atch, my fault, I was using nslookup from BIND 8 instead of the one
from BIND 9 (a matter of PATH). The latter correctly gives SERVFAIL.
dig does not show this inconsistency though and always return
SERVFAIL.

>It's either a misconfigured DNS-server, or just a spammer :)

ha ha

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/