RE: [Exim] Can somebody bail me out here....re ETRN

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Para: Frank DeChellis
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Can somebody bail me out here....re ETRN
1.) reply to the list, not just personally to me
2.) use some real quoting, it's hard to read your answers otherwise.
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Frank DeChellis wrote:

> Thanks for writing me back.
>
>> Upgrade to 4.12 :)
>
> -> Planning to.
>
>> The docs document all needed things.
>
> -> the only reference I can find is here
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_42.html#SECT42.6

>>> Say the domain id company.com and their userid is bigboy and the
>>>password is bb1234.
>
>> IIRC Exchange can not authenticate for ETRN. But you can fake this, by
>> giving the userid and password as domain.
>
>> Do they have a static-ipaddress?
>
> ->they do have a static IP
> ->they want to poll Every 5 minutes. Exchange Server 2000 is what they're
> using.

So why they want to poll at all?
If the server is up all the time, just add a manualroute, so the mail is
forwarded directly.

customer_manualroute:
driver = manualroute
route_list = "customer.tld customer.ip.addr.ess"

If they still want ETRN, you need to add an ETRN-ACL (see docs) and allow
their host to use it.

Further you need to set
etrn_command = /path/to/exim -R $domain

But also in this case you need the manual-router, unless you are the
backup-mx and their host is the primary.

ciao