Re: [Exim] Can somebody bail me out here....re ETRN

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nico Erfurth
Aan: Frank DeChellis
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Can somebody bail me out here....re ETRN
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Frank DeChellis wrote:

> Were are running Exim 4.05 on NetBSD 6.

Upgrade to 4.12 :)

> I have a client who needs ETRN set up for their domain and their
> M$-Exchange. He is our first in 8 years to ask for this.
>
> I can't find much on ETRN on the Exim.org site. I found something in the
> DOCS for Exim 4 but not enough to get me going.

The docs document all needed things.

> Say the domain id company.com and their userid is bigboy and the password is
> bb1234.

IIRC Exchange can not authenticate for ETRN. But you can fake this, by
giving the userid and password as domain.

> What do I setup in Exim to queue their mail for them and await ther
> connection with that userid and password?

Depends :)
Do they have a static-ipaddress?
With dynamic-addresses it's a bit more complex.

There are many solutions, the question is, what you need, and how often
the customer wants to poll.

Please give more informations :)

IIRC you can find some config examples on the ftp-site.

ciao