[Exim] TLS + Multiple certs + Multiple domains

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Josh Stompro
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] TLS + Multiple certs + Multiple domains
    Here is my situation. I have exim 3.10 running on a single linux box
that serves 4 different domains/organizations.  All four domains for the
different organization all point to one ip address.  People from
organization A are using mail.a.org for their smtp server, B is using
mail.b.org etc..  I would like to use TLS to secure incoming smtp
connections, but many mail clients don't like it when they open an ssl
connection with a.org and the cert is signed as for b.org.  Does that
make sense?  My reason for doing it this way is that the organizations
might want to get their own servers in the future, and it would be nice
if they didn't have to change their mail settings.
    I wondering if I can do something like change the mail.x.org dns
entries to cnames that point to a dns name that the cert is signed for.
  Or can exim handle multiple certs.  From what I know of the smtp
protocol I don't think exim has anyway to know what domain name the
client used, unlike http.  But maybe I am wrong.
    Is my only option to use multiple ip addresses and multiple copies of exim?
Thanks
Josh