Re: [Exim] expansion variable for use in ACLs which contains…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ollie Cook
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] expansion variable for use in ACLs which contains 'data' after verification failure in redirect router
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Ollie Cook wrote:

> Is there a variable which contains what 'data' is set to after this router is
> run (i.e. the new 'address'), for use in an ACL, to provide more information to
> the remote host about why the recipient was not accepted? I thought
> $address_data looked promising, but this was an empty string. :(

The message should be in $acl_verify_message (Exim 4.10 onwards) and you
can use it in a "message" modifier. In fact, it's rather odd that you
don't see it anyway, because you haven't got an overriding "message"
modifier.

Are you sure that your router is actually being triggered during the
verification? "Unrouteable address" is Exim's message when it runs out
of routers.