Re: [Exim] SMTP_AUTH problems with Exim 4.10 amd OS X Server

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: dave, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP_AUTH problems with Exim 4.10 amd OS X Server
Also you must have a

tls_advertise_hosts = *

to publicise TLS capabilities.

This is not your problem though, as the telnet session to your
mailserver seems to indicate.
When you telnet localhost 25 (if you are on the server), you should
get a line like:

220 mail.nisus.com ESMTP Exim 4.11 Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:00:59 +0000

with the appropriate hostname/version/date. After that you can try a normal:

HELO localhost

that should work. Then you can again try an EHLO localhost. If that
does not work (and you are telnetting from the server itself) then I
have no idea of what is going on..

But it looks like the problem is only for remote connections and that
Nico's might have given you the solution?

Giuliano

--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/