Re: [Exim] router_home_directory not working? (4.12)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] router_home_directory not working? (4.12)
On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> To Phil: Why does an appendfile transport save to a file if I
> explicitly declare it as maildir_format? IMHO if a router makes
> file_transport point to a maildir_format-appendfile transport, maildir
> should be enforced. This would make it possible for an admin to force the
> users to use maildirs.

Further to my previous reply: when appendfile is used from a
redirection, it currently ignores the file/directory options, and
chooses a directory-style delivery based on the terminating character of
the passed file name. The maildir setting is ignored unless a
directory-style delivery is happening.

There probably should be some way of overriding this. I will put it on
the Wish List.