[Exim] Re: [Q] Filtering with procmail before delivering wi…

Autor: Steinar Bang
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: [Q] Filtering with procmail before delivering with cyrdeliver?

>>> You should give exim filters a try.

>> I thought this required that exim is built linked with perl?

> Nope, filters are something totaly different, please read filter.txt
> that comes with exim.

OK.  I've been reading
    /usr/share/doc/exim/filter.txt
and the exim-filter node in GNU info (which seems to be the same
thing).

And it looks like this could be used to lose the unwanted messages I
have been /dev/null'ing in procmail.

But it doesn't look like there is a way to do do article/header
washing (eg. remove list tags from subject fields, fix Outlook/OE
multiplying Re: SV: in subject fields, fix the references headers of
messages sent with Eudora)...? Unless I'm missing something?

The pipe command looked like a candidate but unless I'm misreading the
documentation it just writes a copy of the message down a pipe and
continues to the next item.