Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 on OS X Server - Relay Problems

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Nico Erfurth, dave@nisus.com
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 on OS X Server - Relay Problems
At 11:00 +0100 2003/01/01, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, dave@??? wrote:
>
>> Thanks to you folks on this list, I got Exim working for sending and
>> receiving. However, when I try to relay from home using SMTP_AUTH, I get
>> the error message
>> "unrecognized command (500)".
>
>You need an AUTH-ACL that accepts AUTH-requests.
>
>in your main config add
>
>acl_smtp_auth = check_auth
>
>below "begin acl" add
>
>check_auth:
> accept
>
>or, if you want to allow auth-requests only via encrypted connections.
>
>check_auth:
> accept encrypted = *

as far as I know acl_smtp_auth is not needed, however if using SMTP
AUTH (and also for email retrieval by POP or IMAP) I would require
SSL. Nobody wants clear text passwords over the net.

The problem with Dave setup might be with the client software?

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/