[Exim] Re: [Q] Filtering with procmail before delivering wi…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Steinar Bang
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: [Q] Filtering with procmail before delivering with cyrdeliver?
>>>>> Nico Erfurth <masta@???>:

> You should give exim filters a try.

I thought this required that exim is built linked with perl?

I also thought I have read somewhere that the debian build of exim
isn't linked with perl. However this may have changed...?

> Or you can try to set procmail as transport_filter in the
> cyrdeliver-transport.

That is a possibility for the email washing, but it can't handle the
/dev/null'ing of unwanted articles. These articles can be discarded
by the same sieve script that now does mail folder sorting for me, I
guess...

> Or use procmail directly and pipe the mail from procmail to
> cyrdeliver.

I used to do this with cyrus 1.5.9, because I didn't have sieve folder
sorting. However this requires procmail to be run as user cyrus,
which in turn requires the ~/.procmailrc file for my own user to be
owned by user cyrus. This is clumsy and error prone and something I
was eager to lose.

Thanx for your reply!

- Steinar