[Exim] Re: selective relaying

Author: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: selective relaying
"Jerry M. Howell II" <jmhowell@???> writes:

>Thank you for your advice, and I know how the qmail list is. I also have
>them among the 20+ lists I'm subscribed to. All I ever see there is RTFM
>but as long as they tell me were to look in TFM I'm ok with the strange
>behavior :). Anyways the qmail part (the sending MTA) is set up, but the
>recieving MTA (EXIM 3.x , I think it's 3.6 butdo know it's a 3.x
>version) isn't set to acept from a private network.
>
>- Jerry M. Howell II

As Nico mentioned the document to read is the Exim spec document (comes as TXT
or PDF etc.) and look for relay. There is great detail there. If mail is coming
from internal LAN then in spec document you could look for host_accept_relay
and see how it is done.

BTW - you should upgrade to Exim 4, Exim 3.x is *very* different and reaching
the end of its shelf life - at least in terms of willingness of people on list
to support it :-) Exim 4 is much better and easier to configure.

Patrick