Re: [Exim] Long spaces in subject line

Author: George Szekely
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Long spaces in subject line
>On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, George Szekely wrote:
>
>> I was hoping an expert user might be able to help me with a small
>> issue I'm having.
>>
>> I would like to bounce any messages that contains more than 8
> > consecutive spaces in the message subject. (Not checking spaces
>> used to wrap the Subject header across multiple lines.)
>>
>> I've set up a system filter, but I don't think it recognizes blank spaces.
> >
>>         $h_subject contains "        "

>Have you tried it?

Yes, but... as it turns out it works after all if the consecutive spaces are
anywhere except at the beginning of the subject line.
Somehow it will not match and reject if the subject begins with 8 space.

What is the benefit of using ACL's instead of the system filter? Speed?
Or the way it's rejected "550 ..."?

Thanks for the response.

George