RE: [Exim] Hiding originatin IP?

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Owen Creger
CC: 'Suresh Ramasubramanian', j2, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Hiding originatin IP?
man, 2002-12-30 kl. 21:28 skrev Owen Creger:

> Actually many ISPs allow the routing of RFC1989 addresses, IMHO due to
> lazyness. My routers block hundreds of them everyday.
> It appears that spammers use them mostly...

It appears that? SANS? CERT? GIAC? ISC?

The difference between your routers blocking hundreds of of rfc1918
packets per day and my firewall logs and/or smtp headers never in years
having even reported an external spoofed rfc1918 packet is indeed great.

How many routers do you have, by the way?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw