Re: [Exim] router_home_directory not working? (4.12)

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: exim-users@exim.org
CC: j2, Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] router_home_directory not working? (4.12)
On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>
> > To Phil: Why does an appendfile transport save to a file if I
> > explicitly declare it as maildir_format? IMHO if a router makes
> > file_transport point to a maildir_format-appendfile transport, maildir
> > should be enforced. This would make it possible for an admin to force the
> > users to use maildirs.
>
> Sorry, I haven't been following this thread. What are the circumstances?
> At a guess, this is to do with appendfiles called from filters? It's a
> matter of where it gets its data from, I think, but I'm not at work and
> I don't feel like reading the source from home today. Maybe next year... :-)

Well, the problem of this thread is something else, he wanted to use
create_file = belowhome in a virtual user enviroment, so the user can only
save the message inside of his homedir. Somehow he is able to save to
/tmp/xxx even if router_home_directory and transport_home_directory is set
explicitly to a maildir.

While trying to find a solution, I tried to set the file_transport of
the redirect-router to a maildir_format(appendfile)-transport. I excepted
that the transport will enforce maildir format now, but it still uses a
simple mbox-file format.

I think appendfile should enforce the given format in this case, so an
admin could force the user to use maildirs, I really don't want my users
to save mbox files into a maildir-folder.

ciao