Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?

Author: Tony Finch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>However, the linearity of routing is part of the fundamental design,
>which I suspect would be quite difficult to change.

I have been vaguely thinking of extending Exim's routing logic for exactly
this application. I was thinking of adding a new router return code between
"accept" and "defer" (e.g. "background"), and extending the routing loop to
keep track of them and call an appropriate poll function for them when it
gets control. Then I was going to hack around with the DNS code so that it
could be linked with adns http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns/
which is a good asynchronous stub resolver.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
THAMES: SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 IN SOUTH, BUT VARIABLE 4 IN NORTH AT