Re: [Exim] problems with debian

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problems with debian
> > Hi, I had to recompile with debian the exim. So I downloaded the source
> > code for exim 3.35 and now it gives this error in the msglog. It doesn't
> > work with my old configuration that was working before. I had to change it
> > so MYSQL was installed with it.
> >
> > here's the error.
> > 2002-12-27 00:39:32 directing failed for root@debian: unknown local-part
> > "root" in domain "debian"
> > *** Frozen (delivery error message)

to original poster: you did the recompilation by patching the _debian_
makefile to suit your needs, of course ?

> And why download 3.35 when 4.12 is current?

"never change a working system" ? :)

as a matter of fact i'm still using 3.36 almost exclusively. well, as
a matter of fact, i'm keeping my own tree, with a number of additions
to the pristine source, and i'm toooooo lazy to forward-port all my
changes, but, since 3.36 works beautifully, i just don't feel the urge
;) which just justifies that while exim4 is undeniably superior,
Philip did a remarkably excellent job with v3 as well :)

--
[-]
... and the rest is silence.