Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?
Quoth Philip Hazel on Thu, Dec 26, 2002:
> On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> > Is there any way to parallelize routing, like remote_max_parallel
> > parallelizes delivery?
>
> No. The only way to get parallel routing is to submit multiple copies of
> the message.

Ok, I guess I'll have to break the message into multiple messages
somehow. (After all, it can be done even within the same
instance of Exim, although some (notably me) would call this
solution a dirty hack; however, making a cleaner hack is quite
trivial.)

> If an MTA supports partial domains and "widening", as Exim does, and
> this involves rewriting addresses in header lines as a result of
> routing, it is not possible to start delivery until all the routing is
> done.

I regard widening as an abomination, but TPTB will not allow me
to get my beloved axe and hack domain widening support on this
site into little pieces, and then wrap those pieces nicely and
present them to those who think that Internet RFCs forbid the
domain registrar in Moldova to register domains with names
identical to hostnames used in our medical department.

But then, it may just be the lack of English beer that makes me
unsatisfied.

[snip]
> That's the theory. It works most of the time.

[...]
> Exim takes this chance, because widening is
> usually for local domains, and they don't ususually have routing delays.

So it *almost* works. It seems to me that in most cases the
situation can be solved with rewriting, and with fewer problems.

> However, the linearity of routing is part of the fundamental design,
> which I suspect would be quite difficult to change.

Pity.

Vadik [Exim 5 maybe? *wink* *wink*].

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick
to anger.