[Exim] hosts avoid TLS problem

Autor: Fred G
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] hosts avoid TLS problem
Hi everyone,

If someone could help me with the hosts_avoid_tls feature in the exim config file.

I am trying to avoid certain mail server having a broken TLS key. These servers
always return a "454 TLS not available" error, so I thought I could tell my exim
server not to STARTTSL on these mail servers with the hosts_avoid_tls function.
However, it does not work, please see what I did:

First this is the broken tls mail server:

220 store3.netvisao.pt ESMTP
HELO
250 store3.netvisao.pt
STARTTLS
454 TLS not available: missing RSA private key (#4.3.0)

So I added this line in my exim conf below transports and restarted exim:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts_avoid_tls = 213.228.128.59

Hoewever, I keep getting the same error:

[/usr/sbin]# exinext usermailbox@???
Deliver: relay.netvisao.pt [213.228.128.59] error 0: SMTP error from remote mailer
after STARTTLS: host relay.netvisao.pt [213.228.128.59]: 454 TLS not a
first failed: 12-Sep-2002 05:31:23
last tried: 26-Dec-2002 17:06:30
next try at: 27-Dec-2002 01:06:30
past final cutoff time

I also tried with 213.228.128.51 (store3.netvisao.pt) in the conf and still it does not
work. Exim still tries to start a TLS connection. Any idea?

Thank you

Frederick G
michhame@???