Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?

Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?
Quoth Nico Erfurth on Wed, Dec 25, 2002:
> Nigel uses mailman, mailman injects either by commandline or by SMTP.

But does it inject one message for all recipients?

> IIRC the mail should be routed independent from the injection, so a new
> injection can be done, while another process is still routing the message.
>
> Bit if listar injects just one message at a time, you can't do much
> parallelization, unless you use queue_only/queue_only_file and do a
> queue-run after all messages are injected.

Of course, Listar does multi-tasking (we're on UNIX, after all).
My gripe was not about parallel handling of several messages, but
about routing one message to several recipients sequentially.
Because no deliveries are done until routing is finished, and
because routing is sequential, it takes six minutes for our list
until routing is done and deliveries start.

Of course, after that the message is delivered beautifully, in
eight parallel processes even. No complaints about this one.

Vadik.

P.S. BTW Philip, did I tell you that Exim 4 is just plain cool?

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to
provide a test load.