Re: [Exim] MAIL ACL and sender verification

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Alan J. Flavell, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] MAIL ACL and sender verification
On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 05:12:05PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Exactly. That is why Exim 4 started out without any ACLs that ran
> earlier than RCPT. I have added them recently because people made enough
> fuss...

At least one very unfortunate byproduct is that when I reject an Emamil
for bad HELO, or bad mail from at rcpt to time, stupid mailers/MTA
combos like outlook/exchange will say "user unknown", completely
ignoring the error message I sent back in 5xx

Then, those people call me and ask me why _my_ mail doesn't work. Very
irritating I tell you...

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key