Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Parallel routing?
On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Nico Erfurth on Wed, Dec 25, 2002:
> > How listar injects the messages?
>
> Via SMTP.
>
> I thought about several dirty hacks I can do with Exim to break a
> message to several messages (grouped by domain, maybe) and speed
> up routing of individual addresses this way, but I wondered
> whether the list has a cleaner solution. Actually, what does
> Nigel use for this very list? How does Mailman inject the
> message into Exim?

Nigel uses mailman, mailman injects either by commandline or by SMTP.

IIRC the mail should be routed independent from the injection, so a new
injection can be done, while another process is still routing the message.

Bit if listar injects just one message at a time, you can't do much
parallelization, unless you use queue_only/queue_only_file and do a
queue-run after all messages are injected.

ciao