Re: [Exim] MAIL ACL and sender verification

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] MAIL ACL and sender verification
Hi Alan, on Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:10:31 +0000 (GMT) you wrote:

> It'll be interesting to see yet another broken behaviour by some
> mailers out there.

True, although as I described in an earlier message, sendmail seems to do
this already. To be honest, dumb MUA's don't (generally) handle error
messages at any stage well. Broken MTA's...well, who knows. Although with
one server I look over that runs sendmail, I haven't noticed any obvious
difficulties arising from the fact it rejects invalid senders at MAIL
stage.

*shrug* I dunno. I think it would be good for Exim to support sender
verification at MAIL stage - then it's up to the admin to determine policy
(reject at MAIL or RCPT stage).

Cheers,

Tim