Re: [Exim] Cyrus 2.1.x "deliver" configuration - lmtp, pipes…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
Para: Phil Brutsche
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Cyrus 2.1.x "deliver" configuration - lmtp, pipes, huh? :)
Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Phil Brutsche wrote:
> >

> >> The deliver program is also used for Cyrus "plus" addressing -
> >> where a message to "phil+exim.users@???" will be delivered
> >> to the Cyrus mailbox "user.phil.exim.users" rather than my INBOX.
> >>

> > My system supports "plus" addressing just fine using LMTP over TCP;
> > have you run into a problem using it that way?
>
> The issue is that unless Exim sets AUTH= on the MAIL FROM line in the
> LMTP conversation (ie does "MAIL FROM: AUTH=") to be a
> user with "post" rights to the mailbox, the message just goes into my
> inbox. I don't see anything in the spec that would allow me to do that.
>
> If you know how to make Exim 4.1x do that with Cyrux 2.1.x, do share :)

Ahh, well I'm using the old standby of giving "anyone" post rights to
any subfolders that need direct delivery. Otherwise it does do as you say.

However, I'll keep this message in my inbox for after the holidays; if
all that's required is to add AUTH=<user> to the MAIL FROM: command, I'm
sure I could create an Exim patch to do that.