Re: [Exim] MAIL ACL and sender verification

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: Alan J. Flavell, Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] MAIL ACL and sender verification
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> > > Can you preserve a state from the MAIL FROM acl to the RCPT TO acl?
> >
> >For the testable things that I had in mind, one can postpone testing
> >them until the RCPT TO phase: it isn't necessary to perform the tests
> >at the first possible moment and then need to remember the result.
> >If you see what I mean.
>
> I was actually more interested in some state that can be preserved
> during the whole transaction, so that one could have a sort of
> scoring or conditional system without having to write (and run) a
> multitude of complex acls.

Well, after thinking twice about this, you CAN preserve states between
ACLs, but it needs some work :)

1.) The easy way:
      Use embedded perl, to set and retrieve the states
2.) The more complex one:
      Use an external daemon, that listens to a unix-socket and use
      readsocket to save and retrieve the state.

> Probably Philip will not read this far... but I would really like to
> have counters or string variables (just a handful).

Well, I've the feeling that Phil reads most of the mails till the end.

ciao