[Exim] Cyrus 2.1.x "deliver" configuration - lmtp, pipes, hu…

Author: Matt Sealey
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Cyrus 2.1.x "deliver" configuration - lmtp, pipes, huh? :)
I'm having trouble constructing a working delivery configuration to
make Exim 4 deliver to my IMAP server..

I'm running Exim 4.10 built right from FreeBSD Ports - no extra
patches or anything - and I'd rather not recompile or patch, so I'm
looking for a way to use cyrus "deliver" to put the mail in it's
right place.

I've seen many examples using pipe and smtp as drivers.. using lmtp
and deliver and some specifying the lmtp socket in the Exim config
(which requires a patch?), but none seem to actually work.

I got a few hints from this list but put them by the wayside until
I had more time to devote to it, but now I try to finalise the setup
this is my stumbling block :)

Unfortunately the documentation for Cyrus is archaic, and the Exim
docs are puzzling at best in that I have no idea out of all the
options I *should* be using, given I have seen examples using them
all.

Anyone know the "official" way to interact Exim 4 and Cyrus 2.1.x?

--
Matt Sealey <matt@???>