Re: [Exim] pine smtp auth with exim

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian, Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] pine smtp auth with exim
At 18:53 +0530 2002/12/23, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>eximlists@??? (Giuliano Gavazzi) writes:
>> I did that a go but it did not work (yes, I sighupped exim). Still
>> esmtp and no asmtp. I notice a difference in our SSL though, you have
>> TLSv1:RC4-MD5:128 while I have TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168, I wonder if
>> pine gets stressed out by mine and thinks better than authenticating..
>
>Nope. RC4-MD5:128 = you are likely using OE or Mozilla?

not me, Matt.

>Anyway, just for kicks, try smtp_server = your.mail.server/User=foo (without
>the /Novalidate-cert).

I also did that.
Anyway, the solution: anywhere in pine.conf it uses $USER (capital)
to refer to the user, not $username, I did that and it is finally
asking me for the password. Good. Never trust what you read on the
web..

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/