RE: [Exim] hiding software type & version

Author: Thomas Kinghorn
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Exim] hiding software type & version
Here is another good banner if you are blacklisting.

Place the banner directly underneath the primary hostname in the Runtime
Configuration.

smtp_banner = "${primary_hostname} Secure SMTP \n\
                 ${tod_full} 2002\n\n\
                This server uses MAPS RBL, MAPS RSS and MAPS DUL to\n \
                filter mail from known spamming hosts/users.\n \
                See http://www.mail-abuse.org/ for more information.\n"

Regards,

Tom