RE: [Exim] hiding software type & version

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jan Johansson
To: 'Timothy Arnold', exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] hiding software type & version
>does anyone know in v3/4 how to remove the software type & version of
Exim
>during smtp communication? We recently had an internet security scan
>performed and they recommended that we remove this information.

None of the SMTP exploit scanners I have seen lately uses the banner in
the first place they fingerprint in other fashions.

Who recommended hiding this info? From my experience, this
recommendation is one of the
"We-can-always-find-something-to-make-the-customer-think-they-are-more-v
unerable-then-they-are"-things.