Re: [Exim] pine smtp auth with exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] pine smtp auth with exim
At 11:14 +0000 2002/12/23, Matt Bernstein wrote:
>Note the "server_prompts = :", which Pine wants in order to continue after
>auth plain. The RFCs aren't totally clear as to whether this is Right or
>not, but a lot of these RFCs were written by the authors of Pine!
>
>HTH (and sorry for the lack of decent explanation--due to my hangover :-/)
>
>Matt

I did that a go but it did not work (yes, I sighupped exim). Still
esmtp and no asmtp. I notice a difference in our SSL though, you have
TLSv1:RC4-MD5:128 while I have TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168, I wonder if
pine gets stressed out by mine and thinks better than authenticating..

Btw, what auth does it report in the exim log?

> [1] for small values of "all"

since 3 is already large, I guess all = 2 then.

Oh, and no problem for the explanation, that was more than enough.

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/