Re: [Exim] hiding software type & version

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: Timothy Arnold
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] hiding software type & version
On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 16:48, Timothy Arnold wrote:
> Hello,
> does anyone know in v3/4 how to remove the software type & version of Exim
> during smtp communication? We recently had an internet security scan
> performed and they recommended that we remove this information.

Oh, yet another "security by obscurity" measure? That won't ever work
and is utterly stupid.

You might want to tell whichever "expert" recommended this that there
are quite a few other ways to fingerprint an MTA - and a whole OS.

Then look for smtp_banner

As long as the idiots don't have you stick a cisco pix in front of your
exim ...

    srs