[Exim] pine smtp auth with exim

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] pine smtp auth with exim
Dear all,

I have finished implementing virtual domains on my server with envelope and headers rewriting (for pine), but I think pine does not authenticate.
I use smtp-server=127.0.0.1/novalidate-cert/user=$username in pine.conf.

I have an antispam rule that forbids senders in the local (virtual or not) domains unless they come from an authenticated connection (I do not even trust 127.0.0.1). When I use pine to send this rule kicks in.
I allow login and plain auth.

Is there a know problem with the way pine handles auth that is incompatible with exim ?

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
|| |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/