Re: [Exim] New AOL Mailer for forgery filter (for Exim 4.x)

Author: James P. Roberts
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian, Mark Hynes
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] New AOL Mailer for forgery filter (for Exim 4.x)
> Me, I would say -
>
> # Just block all connections direct from AOL dialups

I believe AOL already blocks connections to your port 25 from any of
their dialups (unless you ARE the assigned AOL mail server for that
dialup). I call it "port 25 hijacking." So, such a check may be
redundant? Unless you are accepting connections on a port other than
25. (I could be wrong about how consistently this AOL technique is
applied.)

To do it anyway, what is the range of IPs AOL uses for dialups, and does
it ever change?

> # Look for HELO aol.com where the connecting IP is not in AOL netspace
>
> # Block those

Good idea. For reference, what exactly is the "AOL netspace"? Again,
how to track changes in this over time?

> You will find just about zero false positives, and a ton of open

proxies