RE: [Exim] New AOL Mailer for forgery filter (for Exim 4.x)

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: Nico Erfurth, Kevin P. Fleming, Exim users list
Subject: RE: [Exim] New AOL Mailer for forgery filter (for Exim 4.x)
On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 01:38, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:
> While this works great for web-based mail clients, this
> is rejecting valid emails sent by AOL cable modem users
> that are using outlook or other email clients. Has anyone
> come up with a better way to handle AOL abused addresses?

Headers please?

You mean they are running a mail proxy or even a full blown MTA of some
kind (if only IIS SMTPSVC) and sending out mails through localhost:smtp?

If they use AOL mail, they _have_ to use the AOL client as far as I am
aware.

Those AOL broadband IPs are all dynamic, and from the same address space
as their dialup pools (a /11 and a /13, IIRC). Block that entire space
- the amount of direct to MX spam and virus mail you get from there will
far outweigh the amount of legit mail.

    srs