[Exim] SMTP auth

Author: pelle
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] SMTP auth
Hello.
I want to make all connections on our outgoing smtp server to authenticate first with SMTP auth.
All our clients use outlook (express, 2000, xp...)
Is there someone out there who can tell me if this configuration will work (or how to fix it)
configure file below, just some areas that I'm not sure on how they work.
We store usernames and passwords in mysql.
I've compiled exim with both mysql support and auth support.
Do I need to change the ACL section? do I need both acl_smtp_rcpt and acl_smtp_auth when I only want to accept authenticated connections?
I really have not done much with exim so please don't laugh:) I probably got all very wrong.:)

Note that i did not submit entire configuration file.....everything else is pretty straightforward stuff..

###main##

domainlist local_domains = "foo.bar.net:\
mysql;select distinct domain from mail where domain='$domain'"

acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
acl_smtp_auth = acl_check_auth

###ACL section###
begin acl

acl_check_rcpt:
accept authenticated = *
accept  hosts = :
deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|]
accept  local_parts   = postmaster
domains       = +local_domains
require verify        = sender
accept  domains       = +local_domains
          endpass
          message       = unknown user
          verify        = recipient
 accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
          endpass
          message       = unrouteable address
          verify        = recipient
accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
 deny    message       = relay not permitted

#####AUTHENTICATION CONFIGURATION ##########

begin authenticators
acl_check_auth:

login:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = LOGIN
        server_condition = ${lookup mysql{select password from users where username = '${local_part:$1}'}}}{1}{0}}
        server_set_id=$1

plain:
        driver = plaintext
        public_name = PLAIN
        server_condition = ${lookup mysql{select password from users where username = '${local_part:$1}'}}}{1}{0}}
        server_set_id=$1

# End

/pelle