Re: [Exim] Bug/Improvement in Readfile - Exim 4

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bug/Improvement in Readfile - Exim 4
I don't think it's that specialized. It's the same way it works in ACL
lists (host/domain list). I'm just applying an ACL list to a filter. The
reason I'm doing it in a filter instead of an ACL is that I want to
capture the spam and forward it to the Razor database.

In an ACL I can say:

deny    senders = /etc/exim/blockfrom

And in my blockfrom file I can use regular expressions. What I want to
do is the same thing in a filter. By doing it in a filter, I am also not
limited to testing the limited number of things that ACLs test for. I
can not only test the From address but also the Reply-to address.

How specialized can that be? It would really be a nice feature.