[Exim] Authentication and Netscape 4.7x

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Clive McDowell
Para: 'exim-users'
Asunto: [Exim] Authentication and Netscape 4.7x
Folks,

sorry if the answer to this is in the archives but I can't get the search to work this morning. We have recently switched to a new SMTP server running exim 4.10. It is configured to accept connections from any machines in our local domain and any connections from outside that must be authenticated. This all works exactly as we want it to. However, we have a small number of users on site using Netscape 4.7x versions and these seem to insist on using SMTP authentication even though the server doesn't demand it. Is there any way of configuring these versions of Netscape to stop them doing this? If not, is there any change that can be made to the exim configuration to prevent it?

Thanks,

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast