Re: [Exim] more 4.11 problems :-/

Author: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] more 4.11 problems :-/
Philip Hazel wrote:

> Exim does assume that it will be compiled by a standard-conforming
> compiler. The standard is very clear about the meaning of &&. It says
> "the && operator guarantees left-to-right evaluation".

Not to beat a dead horse there, but I think the operative word here is
"evaluation". The ++ and -- operators are not part of the "evaluation" of the
condition, at least not in the strictest sense of that word.

I could be way off base here, in which case never mind... but without perusing a
C standards book very closely (which is no longer necessary since you've changed
the code) I'd bet it could work either way legally.