Re: [Exim] is exinext wrong or is it exim?

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] is exinext wrong or is it exim?
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> [drum:~] g% date
> Fri Dec 13 13:50:56 GMT 2002
> [drum:~] g% sudo exinext a@???
> Password:
> Transport: m.b.c [1.2.3.4:H71ZA5-00031V-00] error 60: Operation timed out
> first failed: 13-Dec-2002 10:28:06
> last tried: 13-Dec-2002 12:34:41
> next try at: 13-Dec-2002 13:34:41
>
> so, is exinext wrong or is exim missing its appointments (now over 15
> mins late).
>
> I have increased the remote_smtp transport command_timeout to 8m in
> the meantime, and HUPped exim, if that matters.

Which version you use?

How do you run exim?
The daemon should be start with the -q<TIME> parameter, usual values are
-q30m or lower, that starts a queue-run every 30 minutes.

If you started exim with the -q<TIME> paramter, and it still does not
deliver the mail, try to run exim -d -q (or exim -d9 -q for exim3), and
check the output.

ciao