Re: [Exim] must we always accep MAIL FROM: <> ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Para: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] must we always accep MAIL FROM: <> ?
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> The subject tells it all, do we always have to accept MAIL FROM: <>?
> I can see a problem if a RCPT acl fails while another server is
> checking the sender address.

<> is not only for sender verification.

An empty senderaddress (<>) is primilary used for sending bounces, to
prevent bounceloops. If you block <> you can't receive bounces anymore.

So, the way to go is, don't block <> explicitly, but use receiver
verification to prevent getting bounces that doesn't belong to your users.

ciao